Nut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Photos below by H.D. Hasselbarth)
1/2 stick butter, room temp
1 smashed banana
1 cup pecan or walnut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 + 1/4 cup rolled oates
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts and pecans combined (more if you like) chopped
1. Beat together butter and banana. Add your pecan, walnut, and/or peanut butter. (Try to use organic/natural nut butters. I used Pecan butter.)
2. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour. Stir in oats, cranberries and nuts.
4. turn oven on 375 degrees.
5. Drop batter by teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
6. Remove to wire racks to cool